The rights group stated civilians have been dying, properties and enterprise have been being diminished to rubble.
- Azeri chief warns Armenia in opposition to focusing on gasoline pipelines
- Russian defence minister reiterates requires truce
- Red Cross expects hundreds will want help in coming months
08:51 GMT – Azeri president warns Armenia in opposition to any strikes on gasoline pipelines
Also within the Haberturk interview, Aliyev despatched a warning to Armenia over its pipelines.
“Armenia is trying to attack and take control of our pipelines,” Aliyev stated. “If Armenia tries to take control of the pipelines there, I can say that the outcome will be severe for them.”
The worldwide group is worried concerning the prospect of battle as a result of Nagorno-Karabakh serves as a hall for pipelines taking oil and gasoline to world markets. Read extra about that right here.
08:48 GMT – Azeri chief says Turkish F-16 jets in Azerbaijan however not getting used
In an interview with Turkish broadcaster Haberturk on Wednesday, Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev stated that Turkish F-16 jets have been in Azerbaijan, however that they weren’t getting used within the battle.
Aliyev additionally stated Ankara, his closest ally, must be concerned in talks on the breakaway area and that the battle can’t be solved with out Ankara’s involvement.
08:30 GMT -Azerbaijan says hit missile launch websites in Armenia
Azerbaijan’s defence ministry stated on Wednesday that it had destroyed two missile launch websites in Armenia that have been getting used to focus on civilian areas.
Armenia’s defence ministry confirmed that areas contained in the nation had been focused, however denied its forces have been firing into Azerbaijan.
The ministry stated it now “reserves the right to target any military installations and combat movements on the territory of Azerbaijan”.
08:10 GMT – Red Cross says ‘tens of thousands’ will want help in coming months
The International Committee of the Red Cross director for Eurasia has known as on Azerbaijan and Armenia to stop hostilities.
“We project that at least tens of thousands of people across the region will need support over the next few months,” Martin Schuepp stated in a press release.
“Civilians are dying or suffering life-changing injuries. Homes, businesses and once-busy streets are being reduced to rubble. The elderly and babies are among those forced to spend hours in unheated basements or to leave their homes for safety,”
07:30 GMT – Russian defence minister urges Armenia, Azerbaijan to respect truce
Russian Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu appealed to his Armenian and Azerbaijani counterparts by cellphone to watch a ceasefire within the Nagorno-Karabakh area, the Russian Defence Ministry stated.
Good morning. This is Usaid Siddiqui in Doha and Anealla Safdar in London bringing you the most recent updates on the Nagorno-Karabakh disaster right this moment, Wednesday, October 14.
Here is a recap:
The newest clashes have spilled into a 3rd week. Dozens of civilians and a whole lot of troopers have been killed, whereas Armenia and Azerbaijan ignore calls to honour a ceasefire they each agreed to in Russia final week.
On Tuesday, the Red Cross known as on each side to implement the phrases agreed in that truce, which included them swapping prisoners and battle useless.
You can discover all of the updates from yesterday, October 13, right here.